Thursday, February 14, 2008

Website Copyright Plight

My apologies for the lack of Cerulean Sky updates of late. I'm actually reworking many of my past posts as I received two separate notices in one week regarding copyrighted pictures and posting them illegally on my blog. I am sorry to anyone who was affected by this. I am currently removing any and all pictures that I did not have permission to post on my blog (perhaps all but five). It's taken a while because I've had this blog for months now but I'm almost finished. Further apologies for how plain/bland things are going to look from now on (unless I get a better camera, but a spotting scope is next on my wish list)! In the future, I hope to find a few people who will be willing to allow me to use their pictures so I can at least spice up my blog a wee bit...but also to improve my writing skills to make up for the lack of visual stimulation. To be frank, I was pretty surprised when I got the first email but I completely understand the concern from a photographer's perspective. I'm sure it can be difficult to sell photos and a lot of work went into each and every one of them. So it makes sense that someone would want to copyright their work so they receive credit for it. In my ignorance, I simply posted pictures all over, basically stealing someone else's work for the benefit of beautifying my little ol' blog space.

No comments: