Tuesday, August 05, 2008

2008 OFO Convention

I finally sent away my registration form for the 2008 Ontario Field Ornithologists Convention on October 4th and 5th. I was able to attend last year's convention at Point Pelee so I didn't want to miss this year's event in Hamilton. I'm pretty excited (although I have a lot of planning to do...where am I going to stay? How am I going to get to Hamilton?). There is a trip to Van Wagner's Beach on Saturday morning led by Brandon Holden so I want to check that out for potential Jaeger's (any of which would be lifers for me). Then on Sunday (I truly hope it's not overbooked), there is a workshop with Donald Kroodsma on recording birds and how to use the equipment he uses. I read a great book about Kroodsma last year that I highly recommend titled Birdsong that details his research and his somewhat -and I mean this in a good way- eccentric lifestyle. Being able to see him speak at the convention and possibly meeting him is something I truly look forward to.

For more details of the OFO convention, click here.

2 comments:

Backcountry Balkwills said...

Man Jeremy, I wish I could make it up there to the Convention!! That would be so much fun!

Blake A. Mann said...

Hey Jeremy, I plan on attending the OFO convention also, so I will see you there. Let's hope for a brutal east wind! 1996 convention was perfect with all three jaegers, kittiwakes, etc.! I am staying at the Comfort Inn on Centennial Rd. I have stayed there many times. I'm sure there is someone you can hook up with for getting to Hamilton.