Thursday, September 06, 2007

Additional Guide



To add to my growing list of guides I want to someday own (someday soon), I shall mention Peterson's Field Guide to Mexican Birds. I'm not planning a trip to Mexico per se but there are a lot of interesting sightings that occur in the southern states as well as farther afield involving stragglers from Mexico. I think it'd be great to know some of these species (plus, there are some pretty sweet birds in the country!). Many of them are not covered in Sibley's or other North American guides because of issues of space so it's a guide that I'll probably purchase soon. I'm not sure if there's an updated copy of it or not though because from what I remember, it was last published years ago.

As you can see, I love adding to my birding library. One bit of unfortunate news is that Ron Scovell is not bringing his used books to this year's OFO (Ontario Field Ornithologists) convention. AND THIS IS THE YEAR I WAS PLANNING ON PURCHASING SOME!!. Oh well, I'm sure I can find some old, used birding guides somewhere else for a good price.

No comments: