Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Another quickie update

A very quick update/list from this morning after birding the waterfront east of High Park and the southern half of High Park at Grenadier Pond:

Double-crested Cormorant - fair amount including adults and juveniles
Great Blue Heron - 1 juvenile on the beach
Canada Goose - all local residents (prior days I had actual migrants over High Park)
Mute Swan - 39 total
Gadwall - a pair, male and female
Mallard - many (males are close to full breeding plumage, some show remnants of eclipse plumage)
Ring-billed Gull
Herring Gull
Rock Pigeon
American Crow - good numbers of migrants are starting to show up
Black-capped Chickadees - good numbers all the way along the waterfront
European Starling
American Robin - some migrants
White-throated Sparrow - 7 total (juveniles and adults)
House Sparrow

Nothing substantial, but I like to keep track of all my field records so that I can eventually do a summary of my year in Toronto. As well, I like keeping a record of all the birds I see in case I want to look back at migration dates, numbers, or any other information. More lists are on their way!

No comments: